TACC - Training for Automotive Companies Creation
On Friday 29th the third edition of TACC ended with the Final Pitching Event, for the first time fully digital!
TACC - Training for Automotive Companies Creation - is an academic program developed by the University of Modena and Reggio Emilia (UNIMORE ) and focused on entrepreneurship and innovation in the automotive industry. It is part of the Academy for Advanced Technologies in High-Performance Vehicles and Engines of UNIMORE.
Since its first edition, AVL supports this unique and challenging program thought for students who want to develop an entrepreneurial spirit and innovate the mobility of the future. As AVL, we work together with startups through our startup initiative – Creators Expedition - in order to generate innovation by creating partnerships with young companies. Therefore, we support and foster students to starting companies and leaving their own contribution to the revolution investing the automotive sector.
Despite the Corona difficulties, the six teams part of this third edition continued working hard to develop and promote their innovative solutions. From electrification to digitalization, the business ideas range from diverse and interesting fields of application:
- Active Noise Control develops an aftermarket solution for noise reduction of passengers in any vehicle through the headrest
- Lockmatic provides an innovative e-scooter parking solution ensuring a secure, quick and easy way to recharge, simplifying people’s city and work life
- Primo Elemento designs a plug and play solution to extend the range of battery electric vehicles focusing on the hydrogen fuel cell technology
- Proudent develops a mobile app which aims to stimulate people to use smartphones consciously while driving and to reduce the number of road accidents
- Sees develops a smart device able to increase the rear view and provides smart functions to the rider
- WeCare offers a sustanible, ride-by-ride sanitization solution for shared vehicles
All the ideas have been evaluated from a Committee of experts and the most promising will move to the accelerating and prototyping phase. After two semesters, the output will be a business case for creating a startup.
We look forward to seeing TACC business ideas growing and conquering the startup’s world!